- Aldea, M., Frank, T.D. and Delucia, E.H., 2006. A method for quantitative analysis of spatially variable physiological processes across leaf surfaces. Photosynthesis Research, 90: 161-172.
- Bates, I.S., Waldem, R.P. and Teare, I.D., 1973. Rapid determination of free prolin for water stress studies. Plant and Soil, 39: 205-207.
- Beers, R.R. and Sizer, I.W., 1952. A spectrophotometric method for measuring the breakdown of hydrogen peroxide by catalase. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 195: 133-140.
- Fracheboud, Y., Luquez, V., Bjorken, L., Sjodin, A. and Tuominen, H., 2009. The control of autumn senescence in European aspen. Plant physiology, 149: 1982-1991.
- Hashempour, F., Rostami Shahraji, T., Assareh, M.H. and Shariat, A., 2011. Impact of drought stress on some physiological traits in five Eucalypt species. Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research, 19 (2): 222-234.
- Hemeda, H.M. and Kelin, B.P., 1990. Effects of naturally occurring antioxidants on peroxidase activity of vegetables extracts. Food Science, 55: 184-185.
- Kabrick, J. M., Dey, D. C., Jensen, R. G. and Wallendorf, M., 2008. The role of environmental factors in oak decline and mortality in the Ozark Highlands. Forest Ecology and Management
- Keskitalo, J., Bergquist, G., Gardestrom, P. and Jansson, S., 2005. A cellular timetable of autumn senescence. Plant Physiology, 139: 1635-1648.
- Liu, X., Ellsworth, D. S. and Tyree, M. T., 1997. Leaf nutrition and photosynthetic performance of sugar maple (Acer saccharum) in stands with contrasting health conditions. Tree Physiology, 17: 169-178.
- Liu, C., Liu, Y., Guo, K., Fan, D., Li, G., Zhenga, Y., Yuc, L. and Yangc, R., 2011. Effect of drought on pigments, osmotic adjustment and antioxidant enzymes in six woody plant species in karst habitats of southwestern China. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 71: 174–183.
- Lorenz, M., Becher, G., Mues, V., Fischer, R., Ulrich, E. and Dobbertin, M., 2004. Forest Condition in Europe. Technical Report 2004. Federal Research Centre for Forestry and Forest Products (BFH), UN/ECE, Geneva , 96 pp.
- Martinez, J.P., Silva, H., Ledent J.F. and Pinto, M., 2007. Effect of drought stress on the osmotic adjustment, cell wall elasticity and cell volume of six cultivars of common beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). European Journal of Agronomy, 26: 30–38.
- Martinez-Vilalta, J., Pinol, J. and Beven, K., 2002. A hydraulic model to predict drought-induced mortality in woody plants: an application to climate change in the Mediterranean. Ecological Model, 155: 127–147.
- McDowell, N.G., Pockman, W.T. and Allen, C.D., 2008. Tansley Review: mechanisms of plant survival and mortality during drought: Why do some plants survive while others succumb to drought? New Phytologist, 178: 719-739.
- Meszaros, I., Veres, S., Szollosi, E., Koncz, P., Kanalas, P. and Olah, V., 2008. Responses of some ecophysiological traits of sessile oak (Quercus petraea) to drought stress and heat wave in growing season. Acta Biologica Szegediensis, 52:107-109.
, U., 2010. Responses of forest trees to single and multiple environmental stresses from seedlings to mature plants: Past stress history, stress interactions, tolerance and acclimation. Forest Ecology and Management
- Ogaya, R. and Penuelas, J., 2006. Contrasting foliar responses to drought in Quercus ilex and Phillyrea latifolia. Biologia Plantarum, 50: 373-382.
- Ozturk, M
, Y., Sakcali
, M.S., Doulis, A.
, F., 2010. Ecophysiological responses of some maquis (Ceratonia siliqua
L., Olea oleaster
Hoffm. & Link, Pistacia lentiscus
and Quercus coccifera
L.) plant species to drought in the east Mediterranean ecosystem. 31: 233-245.
- Poulos, H. M., Goodale, U. M. and Berlyn, G. P., 2007. Drought response of two Mexican oak species, Quercus laceyi and Q. sideroxyla (Fagaceae), in relation to elevational position. American Journal of Botany, 94: 809-818.
, A. and Tenhunen
, J.D., 1994. Site-specific water relations and stomatal response of Quercus ilex
in a Mediterranean watershed. Tree Physiology, 14 (6): 601-617.
- Sardans, J., Penuelas, J. and Ogaya, R., 2008. Drought-Induced Changes in C and N Stoichiometry in a Quercus ilex Mediterranean forest. Forest Science, 54(5): 513-522.
- Thomas, F. M. and Buttner, G., 1998. Nutrient relations in healthy and damaged stands of mature oaks on clay soils: two case studies in northwestern Germany. Forest Ecology and Management, 108: 301–319.
- Thomas, F.M. and Hartmann, G., 1996. Soil and tree water relations in mature oak stands of northern Germany differing in the degree of decline. Annals of Science Forest, 53: 697-720.
- Vollenweider, P. and Gunthardt-Goerg, M.S., 2005. Diagnosis of abiotic and biotic stress factors using the visible symptoms in foliage. Environment Pollution, 137: 455-465.